Grid


I took this photo of my friend after taking pictures of her for graduation. She wore two stoles - the standard blue LU stole, and another provided by an organization for black students. This stole had a very interesting grid pattern, which I decided to layer over this photo. I think it brings some real power to the image, especially with the organization of the lines. The bands are colored and proportionally sized as they appear on the stole, as I tried to carry it over as well as possible. On the stole, the bands run horizontally, but here I placed them at a 30degree angle running up the image. This gives a sense of rising, and I love the intersections it makes, especially over the eye. The grid system adds a lot of added depth and character to the image.  


Comments

Popular Posts